I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Dark Pools

I looked into my saddened eyes
And saw deep dark pools overflowing.
The river of tears ran uncontrolled
Down the my stained cheeks
As I tried to catch them as they fell.

The sorrows of yesteryear rush
Through my thoughts and consume
My shattered heart, broken by loss
Of my loved one, no longer at my side.
Oh how I wish I could turn back time...

Emptiness fills my soul yet it hungers
For the love we shared and closely held.
To be in your arms again would bring peace.
But nay, it is but a dream a longing wish -
One day my love I'll shed tears of joy...

Until time passes by and my years tick
Down its allowed clock and gain passage
To the other side, I wait, I ponder all
Our memories we made in so short a time.
My heart quickens all a flutter with hope.

Poems My Way -Valrie 09/29/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!