I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

BREAST CANCER & DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HELP THE CAUSE

In the spirit of helping the cause one LAST PINK SATURDAY, here my PLEA for your help!

As a survivir of BOTH  Breast Cancer and Domestic Violence I am hoping to raise another $100 this weekend for the causes. Whether you donate a dollar and email me your pledge or make apurchase and I donate 10% in  your name to the MARY KAY ASH Foundation BE SURE TO DONATE to the PINK and PURPLE RIBBONS!

www.marykay.com/vverhoeven to purchase skin care or glamour and 10% of your purchase is donated on your behalf!

poemsmyway@yahoo.com to make a pledge

I will giveaway a $50.00 gift basket entry chance  to everyone who daonates. For every $10 you donate you will have an entyr to win my giftbasket of glamour and skincare or choose a holiday surprise gift basket of special items.

In honor of a close frined this week who celebrated a birthday and was instrumental in my recovery from domestic violence, I wrote a poem.

Happy Birthday! As I reflect on the years I have known you and our friendship blossomed I wrote this poem. I have only of myself to give, and thus hope you will accept my gift of poetry for your birthday. May the Lord Bless you and keep you healthy and safe from harm.




     Once A Friend, Always…

Once in a million there comes a friend

Who touches your life forever; such are you.

It might be the gentle nature of one’s words or

The calming effect one has as the words you express

Consoling and soothing my troubled heart and restless mind.

You are such a friend, who has breathed life

Back into an empty soul and rejuvenated youth.



Without the encouragement of your kind ways,

The constant guidance over poor choices being made

And sustaining me, standing beside me, leading

Me to the true resolution of my fears,

I would never have had the courage to overcome

The many adversities, which have plagued me… throughout

These troubled years; granted, I not always willing to listen…



Until recently, I still viewed myself deficient and unworthy

Of another’s love or friendship; I could not find ways to love myself.

The depths of the darkness in which I hid destroyed my spirit.

They locked away the sunshine I once embraced…

Bright rays of hope began to push through my locked soul

Opening the door to my recovery; baby steps at first, I took,

And sometimes two forward and it seems 6 backwards at times.



Yet through it all, you stood by me with encouragement

Never quitting or giving up on me even when I did myself.

It is what I needed, to realize of my own volition what I must do…

Funny how no matter how another might want you to change,

That it must come from within oneself, enduring the pain

As you stand by, awaiting the rebirth of a lost soul…

Forlorn, hapless, and hopeless… I chose to ignore my friends.



Shattered dreams like broken shards of glass stabbed my heart

Piercing my mind with the turmoil I lived through, unknown to most,

Even you, know not all the hidden secrets, masked behind my smile.

To reveal some would crush your faith in me to endure and persevere

They will lay silent forever; some words are better left unheard,

Too painful to surface, drowning in a pool of salty tears they shall stay.

Yet still I have faith and confidence that justice will prevail…



Hopes of a better life, envelopes my reborn heart, troubled mind, and lost soul.

New, brighter beginnings shall shine down on me and wash away my tears

And I will gather my flocks of shepherds close, as they guide and lead me to life eternal.

I will no longer fear, evil or mankind, the atrocities afflicted upon me washed away,

And rejoin the daily walk of life as a free spirited butterfly, soaring to high goals

Rejoicing in another chance to make a difference in this world of ours,

Touching other lost souls, broken hearts and troubled minds with kindness.

Valrie - Poems My WAy 10/23/2010


Domestic violence is not always visible, broken bones heal, broken hearts, minds and soul take much longer , if ever to heal.

This friend stood by me, platonically, nurtured me and never doubted me. Through the loving perseverance of  this friend, I came out of my shell and was able to move forward, until my health overcame me once again (the health issue was directly related to the domestic violence inflicted on me, morally, psychologically and physically.

Additionally, breast cancer awareness is a passion of mine. A survivor now of 10 years, my sister-in-law also recovered in the last 2 years from severe breast cancer, and now my sweetheart's mom at 77, who celebrated her 60 th wedding anniversary on Friday courageously battles breast cancer with the courage and love to overcome her plight. She told her doctors of the lump  and was told "not to worry!" 6 months now into chemotherapy, surgery, and now a mimimum of 36 consecutive radiation rounds, in her golden years she battles for her life with the tenacity of a 21 year old. Her love for her invalid husband brings tears to your eyes and touches your heart for all eternity. WIth no regard to her own predicament, she dotes on her husband, breathing life into him, and therefore herself.

Breast cancer hurts, I know. Loss of life hurts more. Both domestic violence and Breast Cancer takes and costs lives of those we love and hold dear. PLEASE help the cause, and donate a dollar today! Payments via paypal and tax receipts available. EMAIL me here for details and the address to send your donation or paypal data.

Together, UNITED, even $1 WILL  make a difference when multiplied!

Also please do not forget my charity CANS FOR COOKIES US TROOPS

Tonight I picked up 42 cans for packaging of cookies to be baked to send to our LOVING DEDICATED men and women serving USA and other nations to LIVE FREE!

The gentleman who donated them recently lost his mom, and the siblings all agreed that their  Currier & Ives collectible cans, from their loving MOM would best serve the cause for serving US TROOPS this holiday!

EMAIL me here to become part of the charity!

Updates on my life, I just finished another course in my doctoral degree, about  a 98.76% earnedd, I should have the final grade tomorrow. It was an exhausting experience.

I hope to reach 100 followers today and if I DO I will have a second spooktacular surprise giveaway!

SPOOKTACULAR SAVINGS TOO ON MY WEBSITE! SAVE BIG!!!!!!!

SPOOK UP YOUR GLAMOUR AND SKIN CARE WITH MY SPOOK TACULAR SAVINGS< BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ON OCTOBER 31st, ONLY!!!!


Hope you have a happy and safe weekend, treat yourself to all the PINK SATURDAY blogs with BEV at How Sweet The Sound!


Remember to donate to the cause as the month closes my goal is to go from $150 today to another $200, PLEASE help support the cause!


                      Remember to hug the ones you love, and those who need to feel loved!
 I, am going to visit MANY blogs today and catch up on my blogships! Finished a doctoral 8 week class and have a few hours to spare today!  Sipping my coffee and on my way... to you!

 This I found on I think Bev's blog or one of the other blogers supporting Breast Cancer Awareness month and it touched my heart more than any I have seen. Butterflies are very special to me, read my poem Butterflies in thepages stored and you will see why!

1 comment:

  1. Valrie, you are a constant source of inspiration to so many.

    Did I remember to tell that my cookies are on the way?

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!