I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Each day is harder than the one before...

What a day I had. Woke up at 3:30 AM, day started at 4:30 PM. Wrote the obituary for my husband Mark. Yesterday was our third wedding anniversary. Instead of planning a wedding anniversary celebration I spent most of the day making funeral arrangements for next week. And straightening out finances...what a shock. Ladies take charge and make your husbands and SO give you all the data to help you in the event of their unexpected demise!

I had to be seen on an emergency basis my neuro and chronic pain doctor. They sent me to Reston, VA instead of where I normally go in Centreville VA. 37 miles = 1 hour and 15 minutes. @0 shots later into my spine back and buttocks, I then drove back 40 miles to the funeral parlor to sign the contract for my husband's burial. He actually will not be buried at Arlington National Cemetery for months to come, and the funeral parlor keeps the body in cold storage. Mark will be having a full military funeral with honor guards, caissons (spelling)and gun salute. He is a highly decorated veteran retired Major from the Army having served 20 years with 2 tours of duty in S. Korea.  Then I headed back over to Ft. Belvoir to get the remaining medals and pins and honor awards and the beret. A Casualty Affairs officer will be out on Monday to have full inspection of the proper dress and placement of medals. etc., to validate that military protocol was adhered to...All said and told the dress blues uniform and all the decorative medals and honors and ribbons he earned and the actual uniform and undergarments came to a whopping big $600.00. He earned every penny of it too. I am honored that I have the money saved for a rainy day as this whole ordeal has been entirely unexpected. Then I went to BBT and surrendered his vehicle as I cannot afford to keep both. Then back to the funeral home to give them t he remainder of the ribbons awards, clips, bars and beret for preparation. Onto the grocery store and bought some real food to cook not fast food garbage! Spaghetti marinara with turkey meatballs and fettuccini noodles and  garlic butter and parsley dusting. Yummy.

Spent the night organizing more financial papers, planning out the week ahead and paying what bills I can. Dealing with Mark's ex-wife is a nightmare. She will not back down and get off my case. Not going there tonight... I will get too anxious and suffer a panic. Tomorrow I go to the florist, purchase them and then head out to Manassas to the storage unit and gut it with all I do not want or need to take to NC when I move (hope to by Thanksgiving)!

Best try and get some rest as the 6AM bell will ring in just over 6 hours.

Tried to add graphics but for some reason that link is not working here for me!

Take care, love your brothers and sisters, tell them often and cherish each moment with your parents as well.


Hugs and Kisses,

Valrie~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!