I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lost Love

Dear bloggers. Today is always a very hard day for me to get through. It would have been my 36th wedding anniversary to whom I thought was the man of my dreams and would be by my side forever. At the young age of 19 I married my childhood sweetheart and believed our love would last forevet. I always looked forward to sharing our 25th, then our 50th wedding anniversary. Our never thought our love for each other would ever end, much less my true love's life at the age of 48 just 9 short years ago. We divorced after a 4 year engagement and a 16 year marriage, the last 2 which included a turbulemt divorce conquest I won. Doesn't matter the wrongs he did, and his falling in love with another wopmen 14 years his junior and 12 to mine, He is the father of my children and I will always love him for giving my precious gems.

        Lost Love

I, but a mere babe fell in love with you
And forever gave myself to thee the night
We wed and joined souls for all eternity -
Little did I know how short the years would be...

Deeply in lovem unconditionally I to you betrothed
My life and gave us two beautiful children,
I sacrificed my career for them and you,
And now, they,  full grown, I stand alone.

Saddened by the memories of our last years -
Yet too full of joy for the love our children bring,
For the praises they sing to you, even though
Now you are lost in body but not in mind.

Often I reminisce of our first long kiss,
The walks we took into the countryside -
The playful way we'd frolic on the beaches
Of the Jersey shore, and join each night.

Now though they are but lost memories to me -
Never to be relived in life, but yet a dream
That entwines my heart and wraps my soul
In sadness for happy times gone by, my prince -

The day you rode your chariot to the Heavens
Oh how we three did cry out in pools of tears,
Outraged at the injustice of your short life,
Robbed of the love twice we held for you -

Once more I cradled our children in my arms
And told them in our hearts you will always be,
More than a memory and to share them keeps
You alive in our hearts, souls and our minds.

Lady Luck robbed us all that day and took from
Me my future, my children's more than they would
Know at the time. We carried on, resilient yet
Turbulent lives led. I hope you are proud of us -

As you look down upon us and watch over our gems,
I too hope you mourn for the first love you forsook,
How difficult my life became that night you chose
To leave our home and I had no course but to fight -

And to protect the interests of our family, and until the end
Of your worldly domain, we three stood by your side,
Still I weep for those years and the chance to relive them,
To convince you we were the true love of all your years.

Time stood the test and we hold your memory dear,
Cherishing you more each day and only wish  the past
Would change and have your smile by our side and
Your arms enfold us all once more,  'tis but a dream -

Oh were I to walk  the book of life what to change,
What step mistook that changed our lives and which
Ones to take to set it right once more, but that book
Is closed, we are but to hold fast the memories of yore.


Poems My Way Valrie June 7thm 2011

Rest In Peace my love.

Valrie

1 comment:

  1. Here comes a big hug! Blessings stay with us for all of our lives!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!