I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Monday, May 20, 2013

Alone

                  I lost my dad April 7th, 2013. He lived his last 10 years in a great deal of pain and suffering but never did I hear him complain. I didn't get to see him a great deal and for that I will forever be sad. We lived several hundred miles apart and my finances have not been great , my health lousy and my own life in turmoil. I took his passing very hard. He was my best friend. I feel so alone. Today's poem expresses the loneliness that engulfs me. in time I will get through it, I just need time to fill the void, for now I will fill it with happy memories of dad.

                                                                          Alone
 
I came here today because I am feeling so alone
I cannot stop the tears from falling down my cheeks
Nor can I stop the thoughts that build up inside
Of how hard life has become without you dad.
 
People say I have to carry on, tell me how is that done? 
Where do I turn to find the strength to be again?
Can you hear my teardrops as they fall
Do you feel my sadness that controls me?
 
I want to break free from the fears that engulf me
To run away from the harsh  reality of life -
To live in a land where there is no pain or suffering
And breathe in happiness until I fall asleep.
 
Is there such a place or time in store for me?
I fear I am destined to wander endlessly alone
No matter where I travel it is not a home
Trembling I fall upon bent knees and pray.
 
I know you are here for me yet I forget to come
To you in my times of need, to lend a listening ear
Or is it that I choose not to hear what you say -
Unyielding  and stubborn is not the way.
 
I will strive to become a better child worthy of love
From you, and to remember that I am never alone
Unless I choose to be...humbly I kneel before you
And ask for your love and guidance to carry on.
 
Poems My Way ~ Valrie   05/20/2013
 
 
Have a wonderful day.




 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem. Stay strong.
    Wags, Niki@MaisonMutt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Poetry has always helped me work through life. Have a blessed day!

      Delete

I love comments!