I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Monday, July 8, 2013

Called Home

                    Called Home
 
 
In the still quiet of a darkened night ~ moonless
And the stars asleep behind ominous clouds,
I ponder the meaning of my life and ask
God why, why am I here and where am I to go?
In the soft and misty dew of the new fallen rain
I hear a whispering voice beckon me to its hiding place
And precariously tiptoe into the glassy grass meadow
Blades dancing as the wind whips across their tips...
As I lay down among the daisies and gather my thoughts
I feel a presence, calming and yet somewhat disturbing
Gently I part the tall grass which hides the murmuring brook
A reflecting pool draws my attention close at hand, I sigh ~
Entering the cool waters I am washed clean of the toils
Of my life, refreshed and cleansed, I await the call...
Again the voice whispers, enticing me forward, I come
Upon the most heavenly garden and realize where I am...
No sound but happiness as the meadowlark sings his hymn
Only bells of joy ring out rejoicing the arrival of an angel
Whose wings barely sprout beyond her regal robe,
Tears run freely now, for I am home, I am One with God.
 
Poems My Way ~ Valrie 07/07/2013
 
 
I am traveling today (Monday's post didn't publish), I left Reagan International at 7AM, was up at 3:30 AM to get to the airport...commuter traffic in the DC metro area starts at 5:30AM so we had to beat the rush and be at the airport 2 hours ahead of the flight.. drove to Springfield Franconia and took the subway into the airport... ugh, I so do not like traveling in crowds. Hope to land by 9:15 AM in Orlando, FL. I am down here for the next 5 days for training and am very excited about starting my new career... more about that tomorrow. Hoping to meet up with a girlfriend whom I have not seen in over 25 years... that ought to be real fun! The plan is to get together for supper after work.
 
Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful day, I know I will... sun and fun until tomorrow and staying across from Universal Studios. Time to hit the pool and dive right in!
 

 
 Hugs from sunny Florida to all you back home!

 


 

1 comment:

I love comments!