I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Holiday Gift for SIngers All Over The World!

Here is a link to audition for a Virtual Choir! I posted the mindset just before this one! I have a niece in Oregon with the voice of an angel and I am definitely passing this on to her!

Merry Christmas singers!


I am up early early early. It's barely 2AM and I have to be on the road to Buffalo by 10:30AM. Taking my little Guatemalan Princess and her mommy to the INTL airport. They are on their way home in time for Christmas. This has been my goodwill deed project of the year. In late September I received a hail Mary call from a friend I worked with during the summer in a migrant family workers literacy and math program. Needless to say this family is  here illegally. Got stopped in someone's car with  a broken tail light and hauled of to INS prison. The little girl, then barely 15 months old,was still nursing as is most common in the Hispanic culture. I was begged by the mother and the immigration officer to take custody of the little girl so she would not go into the system. Melissa cried for 2 1/2 hours straight after I had to take her from her mommy and daddy. The only thing that soothed her was my singing in Spanish every song I could think of. After nearly 3 weeks in prison, the immigration officer called me to see if I would take custody of the mother as well so she could be returned to her nursing daughter.  God works in mysterious ways as I was In Grand Island NY near the Buffalo immigration facility at a Mary Kay seminar. I had her brought to the hotel where I was staying and took her home the next day.I had been negotiating on their behalf and was able to convince them she would not be a flight risk. It took since September 29th until a week ago to get the birth certificate for the daughter, born here and a US citizen. The father has a second offense so he will remain incarcerated for another 2 years. A 4:30 AM arrival at the international airport for a 6:30 AM departure and she will arrive in Guatemala City about 12:30 PM on Christmas Eve. I am happy to have helped and pray I get to Buffalo and back in one piece. I hate driving long distances by myself.

WIth both hands in braces/splints this is not going to be a  joy ride. She has promised me to help pay for the hotel and gas and I sure hope she does as I have very little money to spare. I lost my job December 10th as the contract was for only one semester. I know my sweetheart will come to my rescue if need be, but I too am proud and do not like to rely on his goodwill. Please pray for me as I set off on this journey in less than 6 hours.

I best try to catch a few more z'ssss.

Let you know how it all turns out tomorrow.

Love,

Valrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!