I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Goals, Goals and More Goals!


Good Morning sweet angel bloggers! A brand new week and one to be filled with happiness for me. I get to see my sweet daughter Jenni whose firsdt nickname was given to her by her hospital nurses. It is Angel. She was the only girl in a nursery room full of 15 boys. She was also the only baby who did not cry. We hadn't decided between two names yet and she was 4 weeks eaarly so until her name was put on her little incubator bed the nurse called her Angel. It's been nearly 3 years sincde I have seen her and she lives in Waco, TX. We used to live in Gaithersburg, MD and for her birthday she is flying home to see all her high school chums. I am driving 6 hours from upstate New York to pick her up at BWI and spend a few says with her. I am so excited I could just bust a gusset.

Goals, Goals, and More Goals

Each day when I make up I set a little goal
It gets my day in order and gives a list to show
Me what is most important on things I need to do
What way do you priorize to not bite off more than you can chew?

I've learned to set about six most important things
Absolutely necessary to complete, and redeem
Myself when they are all accomplished
Yet other times I find myself  distressed...

Interruptions and unexpected life occurences
Anxiety creeps  in with no  assurances
Weave their way within my carefully made list
That these goals shall be more than a wish !

I collect my thoughts and take a deep breath
Lay out my plans until there's nothing left
But to put plans into action, logically replete
With pen and paper until the list is complete.

Goals to give a focus to my life
Not meant to add any undue strife...
Rather aiming for the moon and land among the stars
Goals are important  you know, no matter who you are.

So set your goals and shoot real high
You may surprise yourself, don't sigh,
For goals are what helps your dreams come true
How you achieve dreams is really up to you!

Poems My Way Valrie 05/24/2010


I am asking for prayer support today for several relativesw and close friends. My dad has had 3 hospitalizations in 2 weeks and is now in need of a stent in his heart. He has a 80% blockage and cannot travel home to upstate NY for hissummer vacation until the procedure is done and he has recovered. My sweetheart's dad is failing quickly and we really neeed prayers for him to calm him down and make his life as comfortable as possible. Just Friday we also learned his mom has been diagnosed with advanced breast cancer. A truly sorrow filled week and your prayers will help.

My son was on call for his desert training from the 20th of May until the 28th and he was called up on Friday as well. He will be 6 weeks in the Mohabi Desert and then have a brief leave and leave for Afghanistan. He is a lance corporal in the US MArines. Please join me in prayer for his protection and safe return.

May 28th marks the 10th anniversary of my husband Joe's death. It is always a time of reflection and great loss for me and our children. As we approach Memorial Day weekend please reflect on those who have joined the Lord.

I am 3 weeks into my doctoral studies and have managed to maintain an "A"average thus far. I have set a very high standard for myself to maintain an A. Currently I am a member of Kappa Delta Pi, an international educators honors society. I earned my master's degree in 1997 with a 4.00 GPA, as a single mom of two children, working 2 jobs and traveling 1 hour 15  minutes each way 4 days a week for 18 months... Only 2% of global educators are inducted into this prestigious society. With determination, dedication, and LOTS of hardwork I have the goal of completing it in 2012 or early 2013. I am earning an ED.D. in the Leadership Program, Teaching and Learning with a focus on literacy acquisition.

I have a personal goal of writing more poetry this week. Being so busy I haven't had the time to do what I enjoy most.

Be sure to visit back on Saturday this week. It is the 2nd anniversary of PINK Saturdays and I will be having a giveaway filled with PINK! There will also be the link to other fabulous ladies totally immersed in PINK! We have had over 800 different participants. This is a very fun Saturday event where you travel around the world meeting wonderful bloggers! Come join in the fun!

Have a goal filled week!

Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!