I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Love

                         A Mother's Love

From the moment I first saw my angels from Heaven
I wrapped and swaddled them unconditionally with love.
I counted your fingers, and all of your tiny toes -
I kissed your sweet faces and thanked God for my blessings.

As the years went by we grew together, me as a mother
And the two of you a my children with love and respect,
Sharing our joys and sorrows, always excited about tomorrow.
How cherished are the memories I have of both of you.

A daughter first and a few years after came my son.
To this day the sun rises with you on my mind
And cascades on the horizon with you deep in my heart.
No greater love on earth is felt by me than what I hold for you.

Each day you made me laugh or cry, not always knowing why...
I am thankful for the silly games we played, the songs we made up
And sung, for all the little cards and poems you wrote
Or stories gleefully told. The long walks and talks I fondly hold

In my treasure chest of all your love and open every now and then
To relive the moments of your first steps, that adorable smile
Shrilling squeals and giggles we shared throughout the years.
Somehow we made it through all the teenage years laughing yes...

Others filled with tears. We grew stronger and bonded even more
When the Lord took your dad, and we all leaned on each other
To hold fast to happy memories and wipe away the tears but not the years
We had as a family, this too is n my treasure chest of love.

Today on Mother's Day I fill my treasure chest with hope
For our future. You both are now young adults and in the world
Seeking to find your way, three as one but yet so far away.
The distance hard but our love still binds us together.

My daughter, so proud you have made me, always determined
To succeed, facing head on life's adversities, you are awesome...
So brilliant and talented yet you cannot see it in yourself quite yet.
I just know you will set this world on fire with our enthusiasm.

My son, what greater sacrifice in life can a mother make or you
To serve your country as a Marine, one who fought from the start for
His own life? You are strong, smart, and eager, I know you will go far
In life and pray each day that you'll come back home safe from war.

At night when I look out into the deep black sky I seek and find my stars
One for Jenni, one for Joey, and connect with you no matter where you are...
The love I have for the two of you will never run dry, it overflows
In everything I do... I know I've made mistakes, and often let you down -

Yet we know the reasons why and join in synchronicity once more,
Three hearts beating as one to the loving beat of just one drum.
Each of us willing to lay down our life for the other, filling
Hopes and dreams along the way, sharing life's ups and downs.

What greater joy might a mother have than two children such as you?
For one it is in knowing that you have found a soul mate too...
As the years ahead will build new memories and bring more joy
I will wait to rock your babies in my lap and share a grandmother's love.

For now, it's time to stretch your wings, no longer fledglings, and fly -
Soar the sky and search the earth for what brings you joy.
And as my mother once told me, remember as long as you never lay to rest
Angry and your day is hemmed with prayer, your lives will never become unraveled.

This gift of poetry I give to you, the words embedded in my heart..
The love I have for you has been returned and fills me with joy
To live to see you share this love with me and your future mates some day.
Remember your mother's love is steadfast, eternal, and remains unconditional.

Poems My Way Valrie 05/09/2010

Hope you all have a blessed Mother's Day!

Remember to leave a comment if you want to be in my giveaway before midnight tonight!
I am giving a set of Mary Kay pampering feet to one lucky visitor this weekend. Look at yesterday's post for details and leave a comment on either that post or today's, and your email so  can let you know if you are the winner!

Hugs!

Valrie

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful heartfelt poem : ) Thanks for visiting me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blog, so cheerful! Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Mother's Day! Thanks for stopping by. Please enter me. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! My sister writes a lot of poetry. She recently wrote one that she shared at our Mom's funeral. It is so good to meet you. Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment. I will visit again soon.

    Back Porch Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!