I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Perseverance

            Perseverance

When all else fails I persevere,
I do not listen to what I will not hear.
No thank you, try again, come back soon -
What can I do when there isn't any room?

I persevere when all else fails.
I do not rant, scream, nor rail.
Instead, I call upon my inner strength,
Stick to my beliefs at any length.

What do you do when your world
Comes crashing down in one huge whirl?
How do you recoop and compose your thoughts?
Was it worth having what you all sought?

Now that you have success and persevered
What in life is it that you hold most dear?
Is it the things, the stuff that fill your closets?
Or is it the gold or sterling bracelets?

One thing for sure about being able to persevere
Is gathering all the forms and data that now I tear
Into shreds and blow away into oblivion
For none else matters when I'll reach dominion.

The majestic power, the solace found through the years
Now wash away loneliness and salty flowing tears.
I rejoice in the comfort of our togetherness
No longer to wander in the wilderness.

Yes, by having persevered, my beliefs became a reality
When had I doubted  or given up, lost creativity -
I would not be whom I am today, strong and confident
Loving, trusting, believing and to my faith a testament.

So my friend persevere, endear, hear, beware and persevere
Trust in yourself not just in the words that you hear...
Follow your dreams, pursue your hopes, plan your destiny
And your life's dreams will undoubtedly become a reality.


Poems My Way Valrie 05/03/2010


What precipitated this poem? I was accepted into a NEW doctoral program today; I was hired as a substitue teacher today 1 mile from home, and I received one of my income tax returns! I also have had many prayers answered in my journey through recovery and rehabilitation of my physical and emotional traumas. I was one of the featured poets in this week's Featured Poet section at http://www.poetrydances.com/ Not a bad start to the week don't you agree?

With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable. ~Thomas Foxwell Buxton

The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't. ~Henry Ward Beecher


The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. ~Author Unknown

When the world says, "Give up,"

Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

~Author Unknown

Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves. ~Dale Carnegie

Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. ~Author Unknown

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there. ~Josh Billings



Don't forget to email me if you are interested in a $25 gift card for my pink bubble!

Have a wonderful day!


Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. I love your poems!!!!!!!!!!!! keep writing. Hugs, Antique Rose

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!