I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

This too will pass!

There are days when creative juices flow, flood my thoughts and I ere can help but jot them down. Thank goodness for voice activated software. As you all know this has been  a very difficult 8 weeks for me. I am off crutrches and have to wean myself off the walking boot aircast. :-) I actually walked barefoot in the grass and even though quite soggy I loved it! And to think at 3AM this AM we had an inch of snow fresh fallen.

Trying to beat the odds and finish my current doctoral course with courage and on time... I did have to request an extension, rather an incomplete in progress. The class officially ends Saturday,and with my meager accomodations I am on the books for 1 1/2 times extension to complete it. However, the good Lord has given me an angel of a professor and she understands what I am enduring and has been a constant supportive professor and a nurturer. Bless you Dr. Thompson. There needs to be more facilitators , educators and administrators like her, empathy without making you feel badly. She always encourages me to keep being The Little Engine That Could!



From the Poet's Corner!!!
                        This Too, Will Pass!

And I too will endure all that it takes to make me whole

I will, like the Phoenix rise from the ashes of burning pain

Soar among the clouds when this terminal degree is done

Run with the bulls in Madrid, dance with the tulips in Amsterdam

Bask on the beach in Hawaii, swim with the dolphins in the sea

Bounce with the kangaroos of Australia, laugh with New Zealand seals

Roar among the African jungles with my saber tooth feline kin.

Rise to new heights with the bald eagle of the great American Northwest,

Climb the highest peak I can find even if it is only Mt.Washington...

Sail the oceans around the world and snorkle the day away with fish...

Race around the track in a new to me Corvette like the one I lost...

Sing with the Angels for all they have guided me through,

And one day sit with God, my Maker and Saviour, for all eternity...

Oh but for all our dreams, would we still want to endure?

Poems My Way Valrie 04/20/2011


                           May the angels continue to watch over all in their times of need....

            I give thanks to You  God,... for God is good, and all the time God is good!

Among all Nature rests God in His Glory!



Please leave your comments, they brighten up my day!




1 comment:

  1. Valrie, your share is wonderful! All will be right in the end ... Your poetry is so warm & welcoming, sweetie.

    Have an eggs-tra blessed Easter ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!