I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Weeping Willow Dance With Me

ɐɥɐɥɐɥ ˙˙˙spuodsǝɹ oɥʍ ǝǝs oʇ buıɥɔʇɐʍ ǝq ןןıʍ ı ˙snʇɐʇs ɹnoʎ oʇ ǝʇsɐd puɐ ʎdoɔ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ˙˙˙ʇsod ı ʇɐɥʍ oʇ uoıʇuǝʇʇɐ ʎɐd spuǝıɹɟ ʎɯ ɟo ʎuɐɯ ʍoɥ


 
Carmel and I are always upside down and "topsy turvey!"
 
Today's poem is reminiscent of my childhood years where I grew up in upstate New York. I lived on Poplar Hill Road in Binghamton, NY which was actually a rural suburb called Chenango Bridge...
 
here is a poem about my love for a willow tree that my grandpa Benjamin gave our family one spring as a small sapling. The tree stands majestically tall in the back yard soaking up all the water from the hardpan soil and shale. However for me it soaked up many of my years and the memories I grew up with while living there.



 

Weeping Willow Dance With Me
 
Gently your long and wispy limbs bend and embrace
The early morning dew as its droplets cluster round;
The morning dove awakens me to his tender call
And soon the tree frogs will begin their endless peeping.
 
As the wind blows your graceful antics whisk away
The tears that were streaming down my face, relieved
I join hands and hold my arms within your branches
And reach high above my head, and clasp on!
 
You begin to sway and wave your majestic and long
Frolicking arms, and I in sheer delight tap dance
On toes that barely glide upon the glades of grass
Tickling me and energizing my happy bare feet.
 
Whistling through the wind, a woodpecker calls
Upon you and your limbs hastily retreat,
For the woody warns of imminent harm
And beckons me away, I run in fear, and flee.
 
Sadly our antics abruptly ceased and dance no more
Could I with thee, as you are not human, but a tree.
Unharmed, I, but your grand limbs but not for the warning
I might have breached and broken unwittingly.
 
No matter now I thought for there are many ways
I might enjoy my weeping willow tree, resilient
From my window seat I gather up my favorite reads
And once more lay beneath your leaves, relieved.
 
I shall always remember all the confidences your
Arms held, and the tears you wiped from my face,
How gently you always were and calmed me down
Whenever I was in need my dancing weeping willow tree.
 
Poems My Way ~ Valrie 06/13/2013
 
 
Getting together hopefully a tribute for Father's Day. This year it will be very hard and sad for me.  I lost my father on April 7th, 2013, one week to the day of Easter Sunday. Now my children and I share that in common as they lost their father May 28th, 2002.
 
I have a memorial tribute event on Facebook, and please feel free to join in with us. On Sunday June 16th, 2013, post on your blog a tribute to a father you know who is now in Heaven. Share your memories, pictures and more.
Then between 8PM and 11PM light a candle in his memory and we will light up Heaven with our love for both our Heavenly Father and our  own fathers in heaven.
 
Thanks for stopping by! Make it a blessed day! Share a comment, they make my day!
 
 


 
 





1 comment:

  1. So love this poem and what a memory you brought back of my own. We had a HUGE one that grew in our backyard that was everything from a faerie house, pirate cave and even the switching tree. Oh yes...momma would even let us go and pick our own branch..OUCH.

    I feel for you this Father's Day...I know it won't be easy and it really doesn't get any easier as the years go by. I lost my Daddy in 2007 and although it still hurts the passing time does seem to bring the good memories to the front a little bit more than the pain.

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!