I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Restless Nights

                Restless Nights

Another day gone by and no sleep last night
All I seemed to do was toss, turn, and fight.
The endless troubles weigh heavy on my mind
How awful this race can be called mankind.
It wasn't the birds or the racoon clawing at the can
That kept my eyes peeled open nor a buzzing fan.
Rather it was the hopeless fears that overcome
Me when I near despair and become undone.
There is no greater fear than fear itself they say
I wonder how I am suppose to get through the day?
Resourceful though, I collect a heavy laden sigh,
I reach for the stars, the moon, the sun up high -
A brighter day today should be for me
I surely can't be forlorn through all eternity.
Whatever else I do or dream and hope in life
You must know I most desire no strife.
I am not afraid to start over and climb the ranks
Nor fear troubled waters from which I sank.
I will soar with the eagles, and flutter
Like a butterfly; I will no longer tremble, shake nor shutter
At the crack of a gun, the snap of a twig
Or run when an ominous foreboding big
Presence confronts me, instead I will collect my thoughts
Reflect on the past and finally achieve what I sought -
Freedom to be me, spirited and carefree
Facing life and all it brings to me.

Poems My Way - Valrie 04/13/2010

I did have a very long night last night and hardly any sleep. I have so many appointments this week, interviews, doctor appointments and networking that it seems like there is no time for me. I love coming to my blog and visiting my blog friends, especially when I had a night like Restless Nights!

Have a wonderful day!




1 comment:

  1. I wish you had slept better..there is nothing I dread than a night of tossing and turning and not been able to turn off my mind.
    I had that trouble agter my husband died. ..the house was so empty and my mind raced from here to there and back again. My sweet lady doctor finally told me to take an Ativan which has helped on those nights

    Your poem is so insightful. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!