I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Marching into Spring!!!

It is such a nice spring in the air type of day today in upstate NY. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the snow is starting to melt and I have spring fever!

I want to post my pictures of my swap box for Alice In Wonderland, but have to wait to publish it so I don't spoil the surprise for my fabulous swap partner, The     Queen of Re, HOPE!!!

In the meantime I have been busy finding and recovering poetry from files I was able to access on other servers. Along with learning all the new functions of Windows 7 and my new Toshiba laptop with an I5 processor, LIGHTNING SPEED! Yippee!!!

Here is a poem I'll share with you that I came across written in April 1990 on the beach in Aruba.

River of Tears
Wrapped inside my troubled heart
Lays a bed of pain.
Like a river, it flows with
Endless tears, again…
From the sorrow I feel -
Being left alone
When I wake up to
Another tomorrow
And find out you have gone
Home, to her once more.
I curl up and with a heavy sigh
Fight back the tears.
I pour out my heart - into my pillow…
Giving in, and I cry,
Reminiscing of the years gone by.
I cannot hide the pain, no more.
So, this time, I’ll pack your things
And take off your diamond rings
Forever, I’ll close the door.
A part of me dies, I release my burdened sighs
No more a part of you, alas, no more lies.

Poems My Way copyright 2010

As you might tell, I was working through some very difficult times in my life and poetry gives me t he outlet I need to come to terms with my life experiences. Breaking free from chains that bind you can be quite invigorating and emotionally therapeutic as well!

Look for more poems next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!