I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

When children make you proud!

What a wonderful SPRING day today and Happy St. Patrick's Day to all you IRISH!
I just joined Pink Saturdays! I hope you visit often and join in the fun... just click on the link to the right! Maybe I'll be inspired to write a PINK poem! My daughter will love that!

Being a mom is my most dearest and prized part of my life. My children are awesome and in the last week BOTH of them have done me proud. My daughter just aced her entrance exams for a veternarian tech program in TEXAS, she is so SMART! You go Jenni! My son, Joey recently became engaged to a wonderful girl and here's how he propsed... He built a sand castle on  the beach near Camp Legune where he is stationed in NC. He picked up his fiance, took her where to they first met (an after graduation party for new MARINES), then took her to their favorite restaurant, then to the restaurant where she works, then to the beach. He timed it to the sunset, had a miniature carraige there beside the sand castle and got down on his knee, said, " I have my castle and my carraige, what I need to know is will you be my  QUEEN?" Eat your heart out JAKE (The Bachelor).... Who said romance is dead? Joey is just like his father, he took me on a scavenger hunt once too. I so wish his dad was still with us to share in this joy, but I hope he has a great view from Heaven.

If you haven't hopped over to my post to enter my giveaway HOP HERE! I am almost done creating my little bunny spring giveaway and would love to see you join in the fun, I could use a few more Good Eggs! For a list of fellow bloggers offering giveaways you may enter HOP HERE. You can't register with them until the 24th and the event ends on the 28th, but it helps to get a JUMP on the HOPS!


Poem for the day!

                  Surprises

Surprises in life happen when you least expect -
Such joy they bring to me, laughter, tears, and happily
I will share these with you each time they come my way.
Too often we forget the small things that uplift spirits
And restore our faith in life, just when it's needed most.
The first warble of a robin as he sings a spring greeting,
The soft nuzzle of a kitten purring in your face
The welcome lick of your dog when you give him a treat
Are no big surprise, but nonetheless, their beauty surprises me
Each time I hear and see such wondrous gifts, I'm filled with joy.
A lost friend, a retrieved letter once misplaced, a student
Who pops in your email to say thanks for helping me...
Small joys mean so much in life to me.
Of all the surprises dealt to me, the best is yet to come
For some day a new found friend will fill my life to all eternity.

Poems My Way Valrie 03/17/2010

Have a surprizing fun filled St.Patrick's Day! You might be surprised and find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
Makes you wish you were right there doesn't it?

Remember to SMILE whenever you see a rainbow, it's one of God's precious gifts to us!!!

Have a blessed day!


1 comment:

  1. That rainbow is gorgeous.. I certainly do wish I was there....

    Cath's Blog

    Cath Ü

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!