I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Friday, March 12, 2010

My Son's Birthday!!!!

I am the proud mother of Joey, he turns 23 today at exactly 11:59PM. He is a Marine and became engaged last Sunday! I am so very happy about that too! Today's poem is dedicated to this awesome son of mine!

A Birth

Early you came into my life
So precious and tiny in your cradle,
Fighting for your life every day.
Your little hands clung to mine
As I caressed your fuzzy hair.
Noone told you how hard it would be
As a preemie, so you did what you do...
Fought for your life and survived.
Those first few days I sat by your side
Praying to God to make you safe
And to breathe life into your soul...
We walked through those early years
With great joy and great pain
Yet given the chance, I wouldn't complain
Because you have grown to such a fine young man.
You're beautiful from the inside out
And touch lives in such a unique way.
The world is a better place because of you son.
So many things ahead to do, and you will
Achieve your dreams, of this I am sure.
Life gives us many surprises, it's what we
Do and make of them that matters.
So, dear son, I applaud you, live your dream!

Poems My Way  03/12/2010

Here's a little SPRING cheer for the day! Don't forget to enter my giveaway for MARCH! Just post a comment when you go to the post and be a Good Egg, join in the fun!!!

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem! Happy birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, beautifully said. Happy Birthday Joey! HOORAH! My boy is also 23 and 1st Cavalry Army. HOOAH! Love those military boyz. Yes, I take all the photos that I post on my blog, usually in my yard or neighborhood. I you visit me, leave a comment so I know...I visit every one! **blows kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Valrie, thanks for visiting my blog again. To me this poem sums up the love we mums have for our sons..its mums day over here on sunday so hoping my sons bring me up breakfast in bed like last year. Happy birthday to your son

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! I can totally relate having 2 of my babies in NICU for several weeks. Happy Birthday to your son and to you for being his mom!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy b-day to your son! Lovely tribute to him. You must be so proud.

    p.s. thank you for the b-day wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your son! What a beautiful and touching poem! Thank you for adding me to your Favorite Blog List! I love reading your wonderful and touching poetry. I'm glad to have met you through OWOH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son was 3 weeks early and so tiny but not in danger thankfully. It is hard to believe when I look at the 6 foot tall teenager he has become. Happy Birthday to your treasure, your poem expresses something I often find too big for words. Hugs Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Valrie, Happy Belated Birthday to your son. What a wonderful tribute you wrote for him. He'll definitely cherish that one. Thanks for inviting me back and yes I've already entered your bunny hop giveaway.
    Love the poetry, keep it coming. I'm afraid I've got writers block at the moment but with time the words will spill forth again.
    Have a great rest of the weekend.
    Teresa aka Tess
    theheartofwords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!