I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Road I Travel

Good Morning Bloggers! Inspiration comes from all sources in life for my poetry and a great deal of  mine are talks I have with God and my family. Today's poem is one of those talks. The Road I Travel was featured by poetry.com, now Lulu Poetry. It was awarded the International Poet Society Laureate Award in 2006 and is featured on a CD albulm of poetry. I received an amazing crystal statue of a hand on a pedestal with an etched blue crystal globe of the world in the palm for this award. It speaks to my children of the difficulties I have faced in life and to remind them no matter what mistakes we make in life, I will always be their mother.

        The Road I Travel

The journey started long ago;
where it ends I do not know.
Valleys, mountains climbed;
obstacles blocking all the time.
Determination, diligence,dedication
Thanking my faith and all creation,
sustain me, fill me, support and love...
Grace, freely given from those above.
Despair and grief, joy and laughter;
Life is eternal, none else matters.
Emptying out my burdensome sorrows
For who knows about life, tomorrow?
Today is real, I am alive,
happiness, for this I strive.
My legacy will remain,
The seeds I planted grow!
You, my loving children
Are sure to show the love
and Guidance I have given,
Travel along my winding path; learn as I have,
Attempt to grasp the knowledge only you can gain,
Forever loving, your mother, I remain.

Poems My Way Valrie 2006

If you like this you may also like other poems in my Poems on Life tab or Poems on Love tab (at the top of my page). Enjoy a cup of tea and read some poetry!


Have a Blessed Day! Don't forget to HOP HERE and enter my giveaway! Check back on the 24th for links to 30 bloggers giving away beautiful items in this event!


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem....thanks for visiting my blog, too. I just signed on as a follower of your blog. Thanks to Sandi for putting us in touch with the soon-to-take-place "Hop"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valrie your poems are just beautiful and the one on this post was one I needed to read tonight, thank you.
    Thank you for adding my dh to your prayer list and stopping by my blog. I am lost and do not know where to start about the bunny hop but I will concentrate on it in the morning. Your blog is wonderful...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!