I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

I hope you enjoy my blog...please honor copyrights!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pebble Beach

Pebble Beach


Two pebbles, alone on the beach –
Beneath the sand, sparkling, like glass.
So close, yet out of reach,
Their hearts yearn to clasp
The love inside, climbing high,
Yet no ladder stands tall
As these two pebbles sigh
Amidst the seagull’s call.
Orange fire ball above, yet cold as ice,
Will melt their sighs away,
The sand becomes, sun- baked, like grains of rice,
The two intertwined, consume the meal, and betray
The love that’s held inside.
Their love hardens, becomes a rock.
Oh, masterful art of pride
How can you lock
Away the love that grows
With the coming of each tide,
Or each morn’s sunrise, which shows
The love you attempt to hide?
The evening tide rolls in upon the beach,
Two pebbles, roll side by side,
Their vows were made to keep
Forever, yet now, they must hide
Until one day, when they unite
And form that rock again, just one, not two.
Building love, by sun’s guiding light,
Those pebbles, one rock, me and you.

 Poems My Way  copyright Valrie 04/90

Oh what a beautiful memory I have of my vacation to Aruba. I aspire to get back there some day soon!
Hope you are having a beautiful Sunday.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely poem, and it was inspired by a trip to Aruba?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!